Samsung Galaxy S3 – Android 4.0.4 – Exchange 2010 Stock Email Problems
Looking for a little help here, I recently bought my new Samsung Galaxy S3 phone sim free from Carphone Wharehouse and am generally very pleased with it however there is a problem I keep getting using the stock email client with Exchange 2010.
Everything syncs first time fine, all email comes through ok, but when new emails start coming in you can see the sender and the subject but the actual body of the email is just blank, a plain white screen, this applies to both plain and html type emails. If I then remove the exchange account from the phone and then re-add it all the emails sync again and the non-readable emails are now readable however any new ones that come in are blank again.
Is anyone else having this problem or can shed any light on it.
(featured links – advertise here for free) DJ Services Leeds – PA Hire Leeds – CDJ Hire Leeds – Elation DJs Blog
Sky Go App & Android ICS 4.0.3 – App Not Working
After happily upgrading my Galaxy S2 to ICS 4.0.3 I had the unfortunate discovery of noticing that the Sky Go App no longer worked. This seems to be of the fact that SKY as usual are not very swift at updating their apps to follow in line with the latest software.
Anyway… Do not worry, you can download the apk package that will work with ICS 4.0.3 & ICS 4.0.4 . I have it installed on my device and it works great. Download below.
SKY Go App Compatible with ICS 4.0.3 & 4.0.4
Update – I have also used this .apk file on the Samsung Glaxy S3 and it works superbly.
Android ICS 4.03 and Exchange 2010 Active Sync Issues
After upgrading my Samsung Galaxy S2 from 2.3.5 to 4.0.3 I came across an issue where the stock email client refuses to connect to my Exchange 2010 server. I researched many topics on the net with plenty of people having the same issue.
I found a solution which for me cured the problem until 4.0.4 cures the fundamental issue. For me I simply removed the exchange account from my Samsung Galaxy S2 and then restarted the phone, on the Exchange 2010 server I removed the password policy for the active sync connection and then restarted ALL exchange services. I then added the exchange account back to the S2 and touch wood, it has been running stable now for over three days.
I hope this helps people with similar issues using Android 4.0.3 and an exchange 2010 server.